Fire Danger and Can I Burn Today?
Open burning and pile burning is currently open if you have adequate snow coverage at your burn location.
• Slash pile permits are good for 6 months.
• Slash piles must be 50’ away from the nearest structure.
• Slash piles must be 10’ from any standing trees.
• Slash piles must be 20’ from the next closest slash pile.
• Slash piles must be no bigger than 6′ X 6′ X 6′ (bigger piles will require a site visit which will incur a fee).
• No more than 5 slash piles can be burned at the same time.
• Slash piles may only be burned on “Burn Days”. Check this website for Burn Day notifications.
• If the district is in a fire restriction level 2 or higher burning is not allowed.
• The burning of trash and milled lumber products is prohibited.
• You must call dispatch to let them know you are burning. PROVIDE PHONE NUMBER!